Title: Greenhouse Gas Balances of Bioenergy Systems | Author(s): Patricia Thornley (Editor), Paul Adams (Editor) | Publisher: Elsevier | Year: 2018 | Language: English | Pages: 274 | Size: 8 MB | Extension: pdf
Greenhouse Gases Balance of Bioenergy Systems covers every stage of a bioenergy system, from establishment to energy delivery, presenting a comprehensive, multidisciplinary overview of all the relevant issues and environmental risks. It also provides an understanding of how these can be practically managed to deliver sustainable greenhouse gas reductions.
Its expert chapter authors present readers to the methods used to determine the greenhouse gas balance of bioenergy systems, the data required and the significance of the results obtained. It also provides in-depth discussion of key issues and uncertainties, such as soil, agriculture, forestry, fuel conversion and emissions formation. Finally, international case studies examine typical GHG reduction levels for different systems and highlight best practices for bioenergy GHG mitigation.
For bringing together into one volume information from several different fields that was up until now scattered throughout many different sources, this book is ideal for researchers, graduate students and professionals coming into the bioenergy field, no matter their previous background. It will be particularly useful for bioenergy researchers seeking to calculate greenhouse gas balances for systems they are studying. I will also be an important resource for policy makers and energy analysts.
1. Climate Change: a bioenergy driver and constraint
2. Policy mechanisms
3. The role of life cycle assessment
4. Scope of system for analysis
5. Carbon sequestration
6. Accounting for Greenhouse Gas Balances Associated with Land-Use
7. Harvesting, Processing and Transporting Biomass
8. Conversion technologies
10. Anaerobic Digestion of Farm Slurry and Residues for Gas Grid Injection
11. Biodiesel from Argentinian Soy
12. Combustion of Energy Crop Pellets for Home Heating
13. Production of Wood Pellets from Wood Waste
14. Second Generation Ethanol from Ligno-Cellulose
15. Electricity from north American forest residues
16. Agricultural Lessons
17. Engineering Lessons
18. Environmental Lessons
19. Policy Lessons
مبلغ قابل پرداخت 5,000 تومان
برچسب های مهم